Friday, January 13, 2012

silk scarf pillow case.

A little variation on the no-sew pillow case for you!  I had this silk scarf (thrifted for $2.99?) and this old pillow form just waiting to be covered.  In a little flash of spontaneous creativity, I decided to get them together.


Lay the scarf on a flat surface.



The colours are bit more muted in reality (less peach, more pink) - so pretty.



Put the pillow on the scarf (corners to sides).



Fold 2 ends of the scarf together, and tie them in a double knot.



Fold the other 2 corners together, tie, and voila!  No sewing required :)

You can face the knot in..


Or out!  I prefer it this way - love the colours and the gathered effect.


Give it a try for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! It's giving me some ideas for the nursery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just featured this no-sew pillow on my blog with other great diy-ideas: i hope you'll like it!
    http://inspirationrealisation.blogspot.it/2012/05/scarf-home-decor-edition-diy-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...